Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Mythology!

Yes, I am hooked into another series! I can't believe it, but I have just been sucked into this set of books so far that I can't even think of not finishing the whole set. Again, I am reading another fantasy book, but this time the fantasy world deals with the Olympians or Greek gods. If you enjoy mythology or if you enjoy trying to get a grasp on Greek myths, you are in for a real treat...if not, steer clear!

The Sea of Monsters is similar to The Lightning Thief in that Percy is on another quest, but it is the quest that is different. In the last book, he was on a quest to retrieve Zeus' lightning bolt from the "lightning thief", to save his camp and to save the world. In this book, Percy has to travel to the "Sea of Monsters" to again save his camp, to save his best friend and to save the world as we know it. Like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson is the hero that returns to the fantasy land repeatedly to save the day. It is an incredibly adventurous story told over and over again where the hero takes his journey to save the world. A story we never get tired of reading. Let me know what you think.

This is how I see it...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anna said...

I loved this book it has some mystery
and a lot of action. I agree with you Ms. Trahan, this book is like Lightning thief and a bit of Harry Potter, although i never read it, but i heard my friends talk about it. I loved the book! (P.S. I might spelled some words wrong)

October 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Sofia said...

This sounds like a really good book!! Since most of my friends liked Harry Potter, I might try reading this book.

October 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Jonathon said...

This book is great! The first time I read it I couldn't stop, so I read it again! Your'e right about this book being increadible and adventurous (trust me I've read it twice)and it is also one of the best books I have read!

October 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Ana said...

Ms.Trahan this sounds like an intresting book,and it sounds a bit like Harry Potter to.I would like to read this book to,and thanks for the interesting book you have recommended.

October 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Nicky said...

This Series is one of my all time favorites. when i picked up this book i couldn't put it down. Well When your right Your right because this book is a lot like Harry Potter and I'm not just saying that because everyone else is because i realy know that this is realy like it. Also your extremly right about the, Being a great series. You have good taste Ms.T

October 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger nicholas said...

i loved this book. it had a lot of action.i usually don't read these kind of books,but my friends persuaded me to read them.And i loved them.i read the whole series.

October 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home