Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lovely Bones...Lovely, Lovely Not?

This summer, the first book I read was Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I never really would have picked up this New York Times Bestseller, except that Stephenie Meyer, author of Twilight, mentioned it was one of her favorite books. Since I enjoyed the Twilight series so much, I figured that I would like the book that she liked. I was not disappointed.

This book is not your typical run of the mill young adult novel. I will warn you that this book is not for everyone. There are parts of it that are disturbing and gruesome, but her perspective of writing this book is so unique it is intriguing. This is one of those books that you just can't put down. It is told from the point of view of a dead victim that is already in heaven. Don't worry, that is not a spoiler. The reader knows this from the very beginning. The entire novel you are destined to read on to solve the mystery of her murder, while you watch the results it has on her family and friends. I will not tell more, so I won't ruin this must read for you mystery buffs. The ending is not one that I anticipated, but I liked the book all the same. This read is an experience. I give it two thumbs up. If you have read this book, let me know what you think.

This is how I see it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home