Monday, September 15, 2008

Believe It or Not!

Believe it or not, I finally finished Breaking Dawn! Unusually, this novel is divided into three distinct sections. Each section of this book switches the view point in which the story is told. The first and third sections are told by Bella Swan, who told the stories in Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. The second section switches the point of view to her best friend, Jacob Black.

This was a very long novel that had trouble holding my attention for the first section, but my desire to find out what happens grew with each section; however, I really wasn't "hooked" until half-way through the third section. This is a long time to wait to really "get into" any book. Because of my obession with the first three books, I was determined to force myself to trudge through to the bitter end of this final book of the series and it eventually paid off.

I really thought this book was a complete let down from Meyer's other books, but in the end I felt that she finally redeemed herself. I heard there was a huge uproar about the ending of the book, but I am really not sure what that was all about. In my opinion, Meyer brought the plot of this story full circle back to the beginning. Without this ending, I really don't think the rest of the book would have made sense.

Though I really didn't see where she was going with some of the controversial parts of this book and quite frankly didn't really agree or like them; I really don't think she could have sufficiently ended this series without these awkward turn of events. I would not have made the same choices in the plot of the story, but I have to admit that the novel works itself out in the end. If you have been following Bella and Edward's story all along, I do not think that the ending will disappoint. This is how I see it, but in the end what I really want to know is....

This is how I see it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To belive it or not i really liked this series. And the movie was pretty good too.
JULIA HALL

October 2, 2009 at 3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home