Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wicked, Lovely or Wicked Lovely?

I read this book this summer. I was looking for some poolside reading material, so I asked one of my favorite experts, Valerie, the owner of Blue Willow Bookstore. She told me that this was a "must read". I had just finished Eclipse from the Twilight series and the seventh book from the Harry Potter series. It was not going to be easy to find a book that impressed me.

This book did not blow my doors, knock my socks off or whatever else you want to say to describe an incredible book. I am still not sure if it is because of my high expectations or what? After thinking about this book for awhile, I am realizing that it was really much better than the credit I gave it.

This is another fantasy book. If you were looking for something different, I am sorry to disappoint you. I have obviously been stuck in a particular genre lately. If you like this genre, I think you will enjoy it. If not, pass on this particular book. It is way more fantastic than Twilight or Harry Potter. The world of fantasy in this book is a bit difficult to grasp at first. The unrealistic part of the book is about fairies. These are not the fairies that you have read about in fairy tales. Some of these fairies are just down right mean! (Hence the title...Wicked Lovely) As you are reading this book, you really do not like the fairies, but like the main character you are drawn to them, curious about them. It all ends well, so I admit that I enjoyed the book. Another ending and I would have said otherwise. If this at all intrigues you, try it. Let me know what you think.

This is how I see it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home